HMRC’s tax app
A free HMRC tax app is available and offers some useful functionality. The app has recently been updated.
The APP can be used to see:
- your tax code and National Insurance number
- an estimate of the tax you need to pay
- your income and benefits
- how much you will receive in tax credits and when they will be paid
- your Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR) for Self-Assessment
The app can also be used to complete a number of tasks that usually require the user to be logged on to a computer. This includes:
- renew and report changes to your tax credits
- access your Help to Save account
- using HMRC’s tax calculator to work out your take home pay after Income Tax and National Insurance deductions
- track forms and letters you have sent to HMRC
- claim a refund if you have paid too much tax
- update your postal address
The app is available to download from the App Store for iOS and from the Google Play Store for Android.